How to get Energy Performance Certificate?
Getting EPC was pretty cumbersome and tedious sometime back. Now the process has been streamlined very nicely and it is no longer tough to get EPC Let us help you with some information regarding EPC.
Steps to get EPC
To get EPC, there are some procedures which you should follow cautiously to get the certificate.
- First step is taking an appointment. One can take and confirm appointment by either phone or mail or by any other way means, but appointment is mandatory.
- They will send you some questionnaires before survey, where they will be asking basic information about your property and facts which are helpful for inspection. Please give the appropriate answers here.
- Pre survey is not necessary, but it will help for early inspection.
- For the inspection process, it will take around one hour at the property.
- When Domestic EPC assessor arrives, he will introduce himself and explain about process, risk, health and safety and also about internal and external safety purposes.
- They will check on the whole property and stuff like metres, loft, electric, gas extensions, conservatory, and roofs of rooms.
- Then they will draw a sketch of your property plan. And through that, they start working by taking all relevant data which includes- property age, heating, constructing material, hot water system and controls, hot water cylinder insulation, low energy lighting, loft insulation and glazing type.
- For Energy Performance Certificate, they also need to capture photos of all things to act as evidence and support for the data.
- They inspect and enter all data on the software, which will calculate the efficiency of energy. And energy performance certificate will be produced if there is not much of deviation from expected range.
- Householder should pay the amount for survey, the cost of 4 bedrooms come around approximately 60 Euro.
- With in 2 days, they will send the completed EPC to the owner or to the agent with all details on the certificate.
- Then EPC will be loaded to store with landmark registry and government portals, where all certification copies will be available and stored.